The selection process required individuals to submit applications, letters of interest and/or résumés by noon today.
The following individuals have applied (names are in alphabetical order):
- Gordon Brown, San Tan Valley
- Tisha Castillo, San Tan Valley
- Julian “Jay” Cates, San Tan Valley
- John Fulton, San Tan Valley
- Gary “Rob” Gartner, San Tan Valley
- Dennis Manning, Florence
- Paul Anthony Messinger, San Tan Valley
- Jill Moritz, Gold Canyon
- Robert Ross, Apache Junction
- Clark L. Smithson, Apache Junction
- Felipe V. "Phil" Solis, Jr. Queen Creek
- Carol Springer, San Tan Valley
- Randy J. Stricker, Apache Junction
The Board of Supervisors will have its regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors’ meeting on May 9, beginning at 9:30 AM. Following that meeting at 2:00 PM will be a special public Work Session. Candidates for the position will be offered five minutes to make a public oral statement about their qualifications for selection as District 2 Supervisor.
In the interest of time, presentations are to be verbal only. Pinal County will not be able to load electronic presentations from candidates. The public statement of qualifications at the May 9 meeting is not a requirement for selection, just an option for candidates wishing to make a presentation in person. Notice of that meeting will be posted under Board Meetings/Agendas at www.pinalcountyaz.gov.
The Board of Supervisors will convene again in Special Session, also a public open meeting, on Friday, May 11 at 3:30 PM to make a selection from the candidate pool. Official notice of this meeting will be posted on the website under Board Meetings/Agendas at www.pinalcountyaz.gov.