Other activities on June 11 include:
- Licensing, rabies and reduced-cost vaccine clinic from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM in partnership with Arizona licensed veterinarian Dr. Paul Pullen. Individual discounted vaccine prices are: rabies $9, parvo/distemper $21, and bordatella (optional) $10. Rabies, distemper and parvo are vitally important considering the rate of exposure in Pinal County. Pinal County will offer the Rabies/Parvo/Distemper at a bundled rate of $25 on June 11, underwriting the $5 discount with donated funds.
- Healing Hearts Mobile Veterinary Unit will be on site offering a limited number of free spay/neuter surgeries on June 11 only. Interested pet owners need to call Pinal County Animal Care & Control to schedule an appointment at 520-509-3555. Appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis.*
- Reduced-rate microchipping of $20 for any pets.
- A select number of cats and dogs that are already spayed/neutered will be offered for adoption at a special rate on June 11. The selected dogs will be $18, cats will be $8.
- Several rescue groups that are part of the county’s New Hope program will have informational displays and adoption information available.
- Animal Control staff will be available to assist the public with information on volunteering, fostering or rescuing animals.
Pinal County Animal Care & Control has drastically cut the euthanasia rate through relationships it has formed with the animal rescue community. When euthanasia is required, it is generally only the really sick, injured, frail/elderly, feral or aggressive animals that are euthanized.
“We hope this effort will help the public understand that cutting the unwanted animal population is critical and shelters like ours play a role in that,” said Director Kaye Dickson. “On any given day, we have dogs and cats who are ‘behind bars’ for no other reason than they need a good home. Shelter pets make wonderful companion animals and we hope people will come out to see us.”
Pinal County Animal Care & Control is located at 1150 South Eleven Mile Corner Road. Normal office hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM weekdays and from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.
*All animals presented for the free spay/neuter surgery on June 11 must have a current rabies vaccination and license and be microchipped. This is a third-party provider and only one animal per household can qualify for the free service. The owners of the animal must reside in Pinal County.