SRP donated $116,000 to 109 nonprofit agencies in which 164 SRP employees donated more than 22,000 hours of their time and experience in cities throughout the Valley, including Avondale, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Higley, Litchfield Park, Mesa, Peoria, Phoenix, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, Scottsdale, Tempe and Tolleson as well as St. Johns.
SRP employee Marty Sonnenberg has donated hundreds of hours to Angel Acres, which provides children at risk or with special needs the opportunity to engage in fun and exercise therapy on horses. “We are so grateful to SRP for not only providing assistance to nonprofits but also highlighting the dedication of its employees to our communities,” said Sonnenberg whose group, located in Santan Valley, received a $1,500 contribution based on her work combined with the volunteer hours of SRP co-worker, Lori-Lynn Pennock.
Employees contributed to their community in a number of ways, including:
- Making blankets for children in crisis
- coaching youth football, baseball, soccer and swimming
- building bicycles
- ushering during arts and cultural events
- preparing meals for those in need
- assisting schools through parent-teacher organizations and booster clubs.