What better way to end Social Media Week than by catching up on all of the new Mashable digital media resources you may have missed?
This week we’ve covered a special hack to trick out your Pinterest boards, ways for your business to avoid a hashtag disaster and a rundown of the tech skills companies are looking for in the coming year. You’ll also find the 10 best digital and tech-related quotes from TED Talks, reasons why Twitter is sexier than Facebook and paradoxes that are shaping the future of mobile commerce. We even had a wedding proposal via infographic on Valentine’s Day!
Look no further for this week’s very best resources on technology and digital culture.
- Community Managers Share The Best Apps and Tools For Productivity
Community managers from different businesses offer their insight on how to best increase your productivity.
- Stacy Green, Will You Marry Me? [INFOGRAPHIC]
Drake Martinet proposed to Mashable‘s Stacy Green — via infographic!
- 4 Unique Ways to Generate Renewable Energy
Companies around the globe are finding creative ways to harness renewable energy sources, and future tech plays a big role.
- 8 Job Search Tips From the Co-Founder of LinkedIn
Reid Hoffman’s new book, “The Start-up of You,” offers plenty of insights into navigating today’s tough job market. We’ve distilled eight of his key tips.
- How Twitter Is Changing the Craft of Comedy
Twitter comedy has developed into its own genre. Writers and panelists from Social Media Week explain what works and what doesn’t on the network.
- 10 Inspiring Quotes From Our Favorite TED Talks
A new service lets you share snippets of TED Talks with your social circle. We’ve plucked out 10 of our favorites that relate to tech and digital culture.
- The Evolution of Mac OS, From 1984 to Mountain Lion
A look at the history of Apple’s Mac OS, from System 1 in 1984 to OS X Mountain Lion in 2012.
- How Law Enforcement Uses Social Media for Forensic Investigation
Police departments are increasingly using social media as a tool for investigating crimes post-incident.
- How to Change Your Facebook Relationship Status Without Alerting Friends
We have taken a look at how you can change your Facebook relationship status without broadcasting your newly single circumstances far and wide.
- 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week [CHART]
Which TV shows generate the most buzz on social networks? Find out each week from our new chart.
- Pinterest: How Do U.S. and UK Users Compare? [INFOGRAPHIC]
You might be surprised to find that UK Pinterest users are primarily wealth men interested in venture capital and marketing. See the other differences between U.S. and UK users of this hot new social network.
- 10 Reasons Twitter Is Sexier Than Facebook [INFOGRAPHIC]
In a survey of 1,000 social media users, Twitter users characterize themselves sexually far more often than their Facebook counterparts.
- Facebook Statuses Reveal Top 10 Cities for Getting Engaged
Check out the world’s most romantic cities — according to Facebook, that is.
- Pinterest: Everything You Wanted to Know About 2012′s Hottest Startup [INFOGRAPHIC]
How fast is Pinterest growing? How many people work there? This infographic lays it out.
- What I Really Do: The Best Examples of the Job-Themed Meme
The “What People Think I Do/What I Really Do” meme has overtaken the “Sh*t People Say” meme to become the latest sharing fad.
- The Jeremy Lin Meme Roundup [PICS]
Jeremy Lin has not yet spawned a unified uber-meme akin to “Tebowing,” but we have taken a look at some of the best online Lin tributes yet.
- 4 Characteristics of a Winning Social Enterprise Strategy
A social enterprise strategy allows customers to get closer to their favorite brands. Find out which elements comprise a winning strategy.
- Trick Out Your Pinterest Boards With This Simple Hack
We have put together a super-simple, Photoshop-free how-to that demonstrates how you can “hack” your Pinterest boards.
- Top 12 Oddest ‘Missed Connections’ Listings on Craigslist
To relive some of the Missed Connections goodness, Craigslist handpicked its 12 favorite listings of 2011 for us. Let the laughing commence.
- 4 Tips for Better Engagement on Facebook
Businesses are learning new ways to connect with fans. Check out these tips to get the most from your Facebook marketing.
- 20 Colleges Where Internet Memes Are All the Rage
Like campus gossip, memes are spreading throughout social channels — particularly on Facebook — at an unusually rapid pace this month.
- 3D Printer Brings Internet Memes Into the Real World [PICS]
Your favorite web memes are now funky accessories IRL.
- 10 Social Media Tips for Bloggers
Bloggers are turning to social media with record results, using key social networks to promote their brand and ultimately get more clicks.
Business & Marketing
- 4 Ways the Pet Industry Has Gone Digital
Digital marketing and technology have gone to the dogs. Here are some examples of how the pet industry is winning with social and digital media.
- How to Launch Your App in an International Market
How should developers go about taking their apps international? For starters, they should try this handy guide.
- Inside Yelp’s Tricked-Out NYC Office [PICS]
Restaurant review giant Yelp gives us a peek inside its freshly-minted NYC office — complete with beer kegs and Guitar Hero.
- Hashtag Marketing: 9 Ways to Avert Disaster
Marketers creating hashtag campaigns need to be cautious. Hashtags can easily turn into flashing targets that scream, “Hijack this brand!” Here are some tips.
- Does Your Branded Franchise Need Its Own Social Media Strategy?
Franchisors should approach social media with the same level of attention and definition as other marketing strategies.
- 3 Ways to Bridge the Communication Gap Within Your Tech Company
Often, the “geeks” of the office operate differently than other departments. Here are three ways to bring them all together.
- 5 Paradoxes Shaping the Future of Mobile Commerce
Mobile has been evolving at a break-neck pace. These five facts will have striking implications for the future of mobile commerce.
- LLC vs. S Corp: Which Is Right for Your Startup?
Follow these guidelines to help you understand the differences between corporation types and how they can impact your business.
Tech & Mobile
- 8 Tech Jobs Companies Want to Fill Right Now
A panel of successful young entrepreneurs predicts the IT skills tech startups will be looking to hire throughout the coming year.
- 10 Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas You Can Get Online
If you forgot about Valentine’s Day, here are 10 quick and easy online ways to show that special someone you care.
- 9 Ways Minecraft’s App is Now More Like the PC Version
Minecraft creator Mojang has released highly anticipated updates for Minecraft Pocket Edition that should bring it more in line with the PC version of the game.
- 12 Adorable Google Doodles for Valentine’s Day
One thing we love about Valentine’s Day is Google’s love-themed Doodles.
- 5 Mobile Apps to Boost Small Business Productivity
When you operate a small business, the last thing you want is to waste precious time. These five mobile apps will help you stay efficient.
- 8 Killer Web Form Builders for Your Site
Looking for feedback from your visitors or customers? Check out these easy-to-use form-building tools for your website.