Pinal Regional Transportation Authority Public Meetings Announced
The Central Arizona Governments along with Pinal County announces a set of five public meetings to seek input on the proposed regional transportation plan for the Pinal Regional Transportation Authority (RTA).
The meetings will show residents what roads are slated to be built with RTA funding and take input about the plan.
The RTA would seek a half-cent sales tax to improve transportation options for drivers in Pinal County. Some of the proposed improvements include a North-South corridor that would connect U.S. 60 with Interstate 10 along with an East-West corridor from Interstate 10 to the North-South corridor.
Projections of revenue over 20 years predict the RTA could bring in $640 million in revenue for county roads.
The public open houses are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, March 21, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM: Saddlebrooke, Desert View Performing Arts Center, 39900 Clubhouse Drive
- Tuesday, March 22, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM: Apache Junction, Parks and Recreation Conference Center, 1001 North Idaho Road
- Tuesday, March 29, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM: Coolidge, City Council Chambers, 911 South Arizona Boulevard
- Thursday, March 31, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM: San Tan Valley, Pinal County San Tan Valley Complex, 33622 North Mountain Vista Boulevard
- Tuesday, April 5, 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM: Maricopa, City Hall Council Chambers, 39700 West Civic Center Plaza