Triple digits are becoming the daily normal, but your electric bills don’t have to be.
Here are six tips to keep your a/c bills low while temperatures soar from Donley Service Center:
- Make sure to keep your blinds and drapes closed limiting the excess heat.
- Turn off ceiling fans when no one’s in the room to conserve energy and ensure fans are moving counter-clockwise to push cool air down.
- Thermostats pick up the heat from lamps, TV’s and appliances. Make sure your thermostat is in an isolated area.
- Clean or replace your filter every month. The dry Arizona climate makes it easy for dust to clog the filter which may increase energy bills and cause damages.
- Shade from trees and shrubs may lower the electricity being used. Make sure the area surrounding your a/c unit is free of leaves, weeds and debris to avoid restriction on airflow.
- Consistently changing the thermostat does not conserve energy. Adjust it to the highest comfortable temperature and leave it. If that doesn’t work switch to a programmable thermostat that adjusts for when you are not home or asleep.
- Units that have been well cared for by qualified technicians have a longer life expectancy and will run more effectively in the Valley of the sun.