Construction crews working to widen Hunt Hwy on January 10, 2019, cut into a Cox fiber optic line in two places, just south of Copper Basin in San Tan Valley.
As a result, many Cox customers throughout the area have lost access to their internet, phone and TV services.
While Cox has been working to repair/replace the damaged lines, the repairs are still not completed and Cox is asking for customers to be patient while the repairs are being made.
While some locations have seen their services restored over the last 36 hours, many are still without service. For those waiting, as of 4:30pm January 11, 2019, Cox has given an estimated time of 12:00 am midnight for repairs to be completed.
Stay tuned for more updates as they are made available.
Once services are restored, some Cox customers may need to reboot their modem and router. Below are the steps to do so.
- Unplug both your router and your modem.
- Wait at least 30 seconds. This gives the device time to fully power down and clear the IP address.
- Plug the modem back in. Just the modem. If you don’t see any lights the modem after a few seconds check to see if there is a power button on the back and press it.
- Wait at least 60 seconds for the modem to boot up. Note: some modems may take longer to boot up, as a general guide the lights on the front or side of the modem will all come on, usually 3 or 4. Every modem is different and if your modem is used for internet and phone it will have more lights on it. If you modem has lights that say 2.4 and or 5 on the front of it then it is a modem router combo and skip to step 6.
- Plug the router back in. Like with the modem back in Step 3, some may require that you press a power button. ***If you have a combination modem-router, just skip this step, as well as the next. The software in that device will initiate things in the proper order.*** The router is always physically connected to the modem. Not all routers have an antenna, but many do, so if you see one or more of those, that's probably the router.
- Wait at least 2 minutes.
- Your modem or router should be rebooted and working properly.
- Reset computer and or phone if it does not automatically connect
- Repeat steps one more time to make sure it was all done in the proper order. **If more than one light on the modem does not come on its an indication that there is no signal to them modem and you may need to wait longer.***