Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens (PGCSC) introduces a new program entitled, "Bridges of Care." The purpose of the "Bridges of Care" program is to help address the impact that COVID-19 has had on the older adult community, 60 years of age and older or disabled adults 18 years and older. Participants of this program must reside in either Pinal or Gila County.
The Division of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS) has received allocations from the Administration for Community Living (ACL), Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) Critical Relief Funds for COVID-19 Pandemic Response. These funds are being distributed as a one-time allocation to support PGCSC, your local Area Agency on Aging, to increase their capacity to coordinate care transitions for clients affected by COVID-19. The term "care transitions" refers to the movement patients make between health care practitioners and settings as their condition and care needs change.
Individuals that are enrolled in this program will be assigned a Care Transition Coach for a 30-day timeframe. Their dedicated coach will take an individualized approach with each consumer. Some of the services offered include:
- A single coordinated effort to have access to appropriate resources, services and information
- Ensure nutritional needs are addressed, assessment for home delivered meals
- Assistance with coordinating:
- medical appointments and services
- transportation to medical appointments
- medical supplies and equipment
- groceries and prescriptions
- reassurance phone calls
- Empower consumers to make informed choices to achieve their wellness goals
Call Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens at 1 (800) 293-9393 or (520) 836-2758 for more information or visit .