Reporting to the Sr. Accountant, the Accountant is responsible for monthly accruals, reconciling general ledger accounts, assisting with financial statement preparation, generating month end and ad-hoc reports and administration of the procurement of goods and services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (not all-inclusive)
- Reviews and posts journal entries to the general ledger and accounts payable sub-ledger confirming their accuracy and appropriateness. Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and assists in the maintenance of the general ledger structure.
- Assists with month end close, financial reporting and departmental cost analyses.
- Responds accurately and timely to internal and external information requests, as required.
- Assists with the preparation of audit working papers and assist in quarterly reviews and year end audit.
- Prepares and submits purchase requisitions, clarifying unclear items, confirming costs to invoices/quotes and confirming general ledger coding.
- Assists in the preparation of purchase orders by verifying specifications and price and obtaining approval from requisitioning department. Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Maintains stock inventory controls; physical counts, variance adjustments, catalog maintenance.
Professional Experience / Qualifications • High ethical standards, accountability, and integrity.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and within established timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong MS Office and computer skills with an emphasis on Excel.
Education: As. Accounting and 3-5 years of relevant experience or Bs. Accounting and 1-2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.